If you're in the UK you can download the firmware onto your SD card HERE. It will update your Samsung NX500 to firmware v1.10
And seeing as most of my audience is from the United States, here is your direct link.
You can, like the Samsung NX1 download it OTA (over the air) using Wi-Fi or plug your camera into a computer and use i-Launcher.
What's been improved you ask? Large improvements with autofocus in still mode, video quality enhancements, manual focus control enhancements. EXIF from JPEG 4K capture, extended video recording time, in other words, bringing it closer with its big bro, the NX1 :-)
1. Still Photo Enhancements:
Improvements to the overall Auto Focus:
- Enhanced AF performance in low light condition
- Enhanced AF performance in backlit and spot light
- Enhanced AF performance in the corners when utilizing 16-50mm PZ lens
- Enhanced Face Detection AF performance
- Enhanced AF performance in movie mode
- Added Zone AF mode
- Increased the size of AF to 5 steps in AF Area Size
- Increased the Face Detection Area of the sensor
- Includes 4 most popular Pro Suggest presets (Cinematic, Memories, Gorgeous night, and High Speed)
- Added Selfie as Flipped mode
- The image is flipped to capture as in the preview.
- Improved Selfie AF function in Timer mode.
- Continuous AF is default in Selfie Timer.
- Simplified EXIF data preview
2. Video Recording Enhancements:
- Added Pro mode in movie quality and increased the bit rates for movie size and quality (up to 70Mbps)
- Movie Recording Time changed to 25 minutes at FHD 60P/50P
- Larger sensor read out data size with improved FHD quality up to 60P
- Remains in Stand By mode after recording
- 1280x720 (120P) setting in the Movie Size Menu for easy access
- Sound recording is available
- Capture individual 4K frame forward & backward with precision
- Embedded EXIF data in jpeg
- Added NEW MF Responsiveness mode
- (Capable of setting to Low, Medium, High focus angle in manual focus mode)
3. Overall fixed minor bugs